ISSR 2019 Conference/Workshop
The 11th International Workshop on Security in e-Science and e-Research14 - 17 July 2019, Atlanta (United States)
- Full paper dueFull paper dueSun April 14, 2019
- Acceptance notificationAcceptance notificationSun May 12, 2019
- Camera-ready dueCamera-ready dueSun June 2, 2019
Call for Papers
The 11th International Workshop on Security in e-Science and e-Research (ISSR 2019)July 14-17, 2019, Atlanta, USA
Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA
Hunan University of Science and Technology, Xiangtan, China
Venue & Dates:
Atlanta, USA, July 14-17, 2019
Proceedings & Special Issues:
All accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings of SpaCCS 2019, by the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Distinguished papers, after further revisions, will be published in SCI & EI indexed special issues (confirmed):
(1) Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience - Wiley (SCI&EI Indexed, Impact Factor: 1.114) sign in to view link] " target="_blank" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> [sign in to view link]
The workshop has an emphasis on establishing a state-of-the-art for security in e-Science and e-Research, identifying challenges and discussing solutions for successfully enabling security for e-Science and e-Research. The workshop program will be a blend of presentations of research papers, and discussions about the current status, emergent areas, and trends on security-related issues in e-Science and e-Research.
SCOPE AND INTERESTS
ISSR 2019 will focus on emerging ideas and trends, algorithms and applications, systems design techniques, platforms, and tools, as well as measurement assessment tools in all aspects of related to security in e-Science and e-Research, which include but are not limited to the following list:
- Eliciting security requirements for e-Science & e-Research applications as well as Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
- Analysis of security challenges, threats, risk and issues in e-Science & e-Research as well as Cloud, IoT, and Big Data
- Infrastructures Security architectures, frameworks, and infrastructures for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data and their applications on e-Science & e-Research
- Models and techniques for authentication and identity management in Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
- Models and techniques for authorization and access control inCloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
- Trust model and management for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
- Privacy mechanisms and management for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
- Policy models and policy management in Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
- Information assurance for e-Science & e-Research applications
- Model and frameworks for security-driven workflows in Cloud, IoT, and Big Data Infrastructures
- Network security and privacy mechanisms for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data contexts
- Security for Cloud, IoT, and Big Data programming models
- User-driven security models for e-Science & e-Research
- Software engineering best practice in the development of Cloud, IoT, and Big Data security infrastructures
- Experiences and case studies on the practical applications of security models and solutions in e-Science & e-Research.
All papers in PDF format need to be submitted electronically through the ISSR 2019 submission page on the EasyChair website (sign in to view link] " target="_blank"> [sign in to view link] )
Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Papers must be clearly presented in English, must not exceed 10 pages in Springer LNCS format (or up to 14 pages with the pages over length charge), including tables, figures, references, and appendices, in Springer LNCS Format with PDF. All papers will be carefully reviewed by at least two reviewers.
** All accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings of SpaCCS 2019, by the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
** Distinguished papers, after further revisions, will have the chance to publish in certain SCI&EI-indexed journals’ Special Issues.
** At least one of the authors of each accepted paper must register as a participant of the workshop and present the paper at the workshop, in order to have the paper published in the proceedings.
Paper Submission Deadline: April 14, 2019
Author Notification: May 12, 2019
Camera-Ready Paper: June 02, 2019
Conference Dates: July 14-17, 2019
Shaobo Zhang, Hunan University of Science and Technology, China
Alinani Karim, Hunan University of Science and Technology, China
Wanlei Zhou, Deakin University, Australia
Indrakshi Ray, Colorado State University, USA
Thomas Tan, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom
Yang Xu, Central South University, China
Guojun Wang, Guangzhou University, China (Chair)
Wei Jie, University of West London, UK (Chair)
Aniello Castiglione, University of Salerno, Italy
Liang Chen, University of West London, UK
Kim-Kwang Raymond Choo, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA
Scott Fowler, Linkoping University, Sweden
Jiankun Hu, UNSW Canberra (Australian Defence Force Academy), Australia
Georgios Kambourakis, University of the Aegean, Samos, Greece
Peter Komisarczuk, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
Gregorio Martinez, University of Murcia, Spain
Kouichi Sakurai, Kyushu University, Japan
Sabu M. Thampi, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, India
Lizhe Wang, China University of Geosciences, China
Carlos Becker Westphall, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
Jeff Yan, Lancaster University, UK
Deqing Zou, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
ISSR 2019 || CALL FOR PAPERSThe 11th International Workshop on Security in e-Science and e-Research (ISSR 2019)July 14-17, 2019, Atlanta, USA [sign in to view link] In conjunction with SpaCCS 2019...
Please, give us feedback: if this call contains errors, wrong dates, or inappropriate material, you can Report Call for Papers